So you have lied to your partner and he found out. And now he cannot trust you. But you really want him to trust you again and even though you know that is may be impossible, you still want to try. Well, in that case, here re some tips!
First of all, make sure that you really want to do it. It is going to be difficult and perhaps painful, so only do it if you really want it.
- Start by accepting your responsibility for what happened. Do not come up with excuses. That is only going to make your partner angry.
- Be honest. There is no point in lying now, it is only going to make things worse.
- Be prepared for being the villain. If you cannot deal with it, then you do not deserve forgiveness.
- Show him that you are reliable. If he sees this it will be easier for him to trust you again.
- Be open and always inform him about where you are and what you are doing. Only that way will he trust you again later.
- What may happen is that your partner wll need some space at first. Be prepared to give it to him. Do not be too eager.
- Let your partner know that you are ready to do anything in order to make him trust you again.
- Fullfil your promises.
- The best thing you can do is not only talk, but really do things.
- Listen to what your partner has to say about it.